The Coachella Valley Economic Partnership - Pathways to Success Program (CVEP-PTS) is changing the culture of college going by offering sizeable scholarships to Coachella Valley undergraduate students (like you) with demonstrated financial need who wish to complete a college degree. If awarded a scholarship you will be linked to a wide variety of leadership and student support systems designed to help you succeed in college and in your professional career.
Our goal at CVEP-PTS is to provide the financial resources and student support services to students who have clear career goals, students who have demonstrated leadership or involvement in their community or school, and students who have the desire and motivation to succeed. Our GPA requirements for eligibility are broad. We require a 2.0 GPA or above. We fully recognize that your GPA should not be the sole determining factor in your ability to attend and succeed in college. But, we also recognize that you may need additional help, advising and academic assistance once you are in college.
For that reason, if awarded you will be linked to CVEP-PTS support services that provide workshops on college readiness and financial management, training in how to navigate your way through college, training in core study skills, and one-on-one counseling. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to be mentored by professionals who have experience and knowledge in areas that you show a desire for learning more about. Our website is packed with important links to the best programs and services designed to guide you towards the best choice of college or university and best strategies for success while in college.
To be considered for a CVEP-PTS Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You or your parents must be permanent residents of the Coachella Valley for the past three (3) years.
- You must have attended a California high school for a minimum of three (3) years and graduated or completed a GED in the state of California.
- You must apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 2nd priority deadline: http://www.fafsa.edu.gov. If you are ineligible to complete the FAFSA, you must provide acceptable income verification. Please contact our office for further assistance on acceptable documentation.
- You must demonstrate financial need (as identified by academic institutions and FAFSA).
- You must be pursuing your first Bachelor's or Associate's degree at a non-profit accredited college, university, or academic institution in the U.S.
- You must have a minimum 2.0 GPA or above and maintain full-time enrollment and good academic standing throughout the academic year (as defined by academic institutions). Third and fourth year college students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA or above and maintain full-time enrollment and good academic standing throughout the academic year (as defined by academic institutions).
- You will be given preference if you have had previous involvement in college preparation program(s), demonstrate community leadership, have been involved in a career pathway program(s), and are first in family or first generation to attend college.
- You must submit two letters of recommendation from a Professor, Instructor, Counselor or Community Leader.
- You must submit a copy of your unofficial transcripts.
- You must submit a copy of your 2015-2016 Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA.
- You will be expected to sign a contract with CVEP's Pathways to Success program involving you in scheduled leadership events, mentoring, workshops, and web based interactions.
- You must complete the CVEP Pathways to Success / College Access Foundation of California information release form.
Scholarship Award Amounts
Aware of the increasing cost associated with attending college, CVEP-PTS and its local matching partners have agreed to increase the level of scholarship awards, so that you may work less and focus more on completing your education. Scholarships are available to you in one or two year increments in the following amounts:
- Up to $2,500 for Community College for one year
- Up to $5,000 for Community College for two years
- Up to $5,000 for university for one year
- Up to $10,000 for university for two years
Scholarship awards may be used to cover your tuition, books, and living expenses while attending college. The application deadline is March 11th, 2015. So what are you waiting for? Apply today!!